Gender Reel, now offers internship opportunities for students and/or individuals who seek a more official experience in grass roots organizing, media arts, and the gender non-conforming/transgender community.
Internships are open to all trans and gender variant people, as well as cisgender allies and supporters. We are also open to working with individuals who are high school,(12+ grade) and up.
Interns will engage in all facets of the organizing process and function like a Festival Organizer.
Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing and promoting the festival on websites & listserv, and at community oriented events.
- Assisting in the design and structure of the festival program.
- Communicating with artists, photographers, performers and filmmakers about submitting work and/or their submitted work to the festival.
- Working on promotional materials.
- Working at the festival itself (helping to organize art, run films, manage registration desk, etc.,)
- Taking minutes at organizer meetings and posting them to Google listserv.
- Helping to foster new connections with sister organizations and/or groups whose mission is similar to Gender Reels.
This is an unpaid position.
Interns are expected to invest no less then 3 hours a week of time. However, most of this can be done from home, provided you have access to a computer and wireless internet on a daily basis.
Interns will report directly to Gender Reel's Chair, Joe Ippolito.
If you are interested in finding out more about internship opportunities please contact Gender Reel @ email@example.com.